MP Filtri UK Ltd is strengthening its QA Team with the appointment of a Quality Assurance Officer. This role will be integrated into the Compliance team and will report directly to the Operations Director.
The role will be made up of key responsibilities as well as some crossover / shared tasks that will overlap with our other QA officer. The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting our Quality Management System and maintenance/development of best business processes.
Our Quality Team strives for excellence and continuous improvement, ensuring all processes from raw materials to finished goods follow the company and quality standards, and that compliance with ISO9001 and QAN is maintained at all times.
The role will be based at MP UK’s manufacturing facility in Bourton-on-the-Water for the first 12 months, the company will be relocating to Evesham in approximately Dec 2022 and therefore the position will relocate accordingly.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to manage all aspects of REACH, Rosh, CMRT and COSH regulations
- Health & Safety representative
- Help maintain H&S systems
- Manage the control of waste, WEEE compliance, battery compliance
- Understand the basic requirements for CE/UKCA
- Understand necessary industry standards, maintaining and implementation
- Understand / maintain and lead changes to our QMS, with a specific understanding of ISO9001 and the QAN process
- Maintaining ISO 9001 accredited QMS
- Implementing TQM
- Control of internal audit/external audit
- To be able to understand and read technical drawings
- To understand inspection methods and be able to apply them
- To build your own investigations for all non-conformity, identify root causes and follow up with corrective actions and preventative action
- Assist in inspection activities
- Manage continuous improvement
- Maintain quality assurance
- Controlling NCRs, corrective actions
- Lead quality projects that increase effectiveness, improve product quality and H&S within the company, have experience of presenting improvement matters to stake holders.
- Strict compliance with quality, occupational safety, and environmental regulations.
- Build your own investigations for all non-conformity, identify root causes and follow up with corrective actions and preventative action.
- Champion and support the team on procedures, working instructions and SOPs
- Perform internal audits
- Responsible for critical statistical analysis of inspection and compliance data to help assess business performance
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- A good working knowledge of ISO9001 and QAN with the ability to be able to review and direct our internal QMS
- 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing industry or similar
- HND or equivalent in an engineering or maths/science based subject or substantial experience
- The ability to apply an analytical mind, able to identify risks or potential areas for development
- Capable of performing technical investigations
- Strong attention to detail with excellent writing and verbal skills
Particular aptitude/personal attributes required:
- A team player but with the initiative to make own decisions and work with minimal supervision
- Self-starter, able to identify requirements independently, then make proposals for solutions
- Able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, often with ever-changing priorities
- Aptitude to learn from others and share knowledge with others
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical approach, with attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- A knowledge of how an ERP system operates (Preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX)
- Competitive salary + Bonus scheme
- Pension Scheme
Please send your CV and application to:
General Engineering Manager